Most of you know that Austin is studying music in school. He got his undergrad in Choral Education and is now getting a masters in Choral Conducting. He listens to a lot of choral music. I like to listen to the radio so the ONLY radio exposure Austin gets is riding in the car with me. He always marvels, "Nicole how do you know the words to all these songs!?"
"Honey, they're just on the radio a lot, they're popular songs."
"No they're not, if I haven't heard them they can't be that popular."
I then give him a look that clearly says, "We both know you aren't the pop music expert."
Last week a song came on the radio (I wish I could remember which one it was!!), well AUSTIN starts singing it!
"Austin how do you know this song?"
"It's really popular Nicole, even I know it."
There you have it. A pop song is only TRULY popular if Austin knows the words.
It is the most reliable measurement I know.
Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. Even when I was in High School I would have these "ch" parties with the girls. We would have CHinese, watch a CHick-flick and eat CHeesecake and CHocolate. Good times. This year I went to the dollar store and bought every cheesey Valentine thing they had to decorate my table and kitchen. I planned heart shaped pizzas for dinner and Ben & Jerry would join us for dessert. Austin is always very thoughtful, but I don't need him to get as excited as I do :) However, Monday morning I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see hearts on the wall, a dozen roses on the table, a bag of Baked Lays (my true obsession) Grape Gatorade (obsession #2) and Orbit Gum (yes yes, obsession 3). He had cut hearts out of my colored construction paper, and yes they were perfect, will the hidden talents never end!!???...he did all of this BEFORE he left for school.
BEST. HUSBAND. EVER.
I just started taking sewing lessons and am working on curtains for our living room. Austin had an X-Men birthday party for his 16th birthday. What do these things have in common? Austin posted pictures of his party on Facebook (check them out, you won't be disappointed.) Austin dressed as Cyclopse, but when all his friends showed up with rockin' constumes he realized his was weak (he wore a blue dress shirt, slacks, and red/orange glasses). The whole time he was scanning the pictures in he was regretting his constume. Suddenly he got a big smile,
"Nicole you could make me a REAL Cyclopse costume for Halloween, and I could redeem myself!" He looked so happy and I couldn't bring myself to turn him down...so after the curtains for the living room I will be attempting a Cyclopse X-Men costume...attempting.
HAHAHA!! You guys make me so happy! I seriously laugh out loud when I read your stories :)
ReplyDeleteHas Austin ever heard "Faint" by Linkin Park? He has not arrived until he can scream that song.
ReplyDeleteMom
No mom, he has no idea what that song is.
ReplyDelete