At the midnight showing of Wolverine

At the midnight showing of Wolverine
Austin has his serious hero face on

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life + Spaghetti Sauce + Onesies = November?

My dear Auntie Marie gave me some pregnancy tests for Christmas (hint hint).  So when I was a week late I decided to take one.  It was 10:15 at night and I was making dinner.  Yes, we eat dinner at the most inconvenient hours due to busy schedules.  Hey is it a crime to make family dinner priority?  I took this test and while I waited for the magical pregnancy fairy to give me the verdict I started the Spaghetti Sauce.  The Pregnancy Fairy delivered her blaringly positive verdict and in my shock I proceeded to weep into the spaghetti sauce.  Austin walked through the door right on cue at 10:35 and asked what was wrong.  I looked at him and said, "I imagined this so differently when I was little!!"  Who doesn't?  I mean what girl thinks about all the cute ways to break the news to her husband?  The happy smiles, the squeals of glee (granted Austin isn't really a squealer), the hugs, excited phone calls to relatives were all part of my picture.  My picture did not include tear filled spaghetti.  However, life has a way of changing all those pictures you've drawn for yourself :)  I told him I was pregnant and he hugged me for like TEN MINUTES (insert gasps of surprise here: yep big deal), so I'll take that over any picture I had imagined.  He was very excited. 

To make up for my initial fumble of the "cute announcement" I made little onesies with "I love my aunt" and "I love my uncle" to tell my siblings.  When we were in Vegas this weekend with Austin's family I had my sister-in-law take a picture of the family.  For the photo countdown she said "alright on the count of three everyone say ''Nicole's pregnant!""  It was a big hit.  I have the awesome video footage to prove it. 

I've told my aunts that they can choose a different prefix aside from 'great' as their official family title.  So far the only one that has been spoken for is "sassy aunt andrea"  I think it has a nice ring to it.  It is very early in the pregnancy, and I think the tentative due date is the first week of November; which totally rocks becuase then I get to spend the summer pregnant!!  hurrah. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole! I saw your Facebook status and had my suspicions, so I had to check out your blog. :) Congratulations to you and Austin!! that is such exciting news, not to mention your kid(s) will be ADORABLE.
    All the best,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! How exciting have fun and try to enjoy the grueling wait to meet your bundle of joy. Now that our little one is here I have no idea how we waited for her, it took forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this from my mother--I am sure she heard from a very excited to-be-grandma (or grandpa). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so you were in Las Vegas again and said nothing. Sad, sad day...Hey I thought I was the Favorite Aunt???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Nicole, I am so happy for you guys. I had to laugh as I read this because I could totally picture you weeping into the spaghetti sauce. :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you guys!! Congrats! I just wish I could be here to see the cute little bugger when he/she is born!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, of course you're the favorite aunt! :) We drove down friday and had to get in a crunch visit before turboing home on Sunday (its one of those thing you blink and you miss) to be in time for some obligations in Centerville. We drive down again in June, this time at a leisurly pace on our way to San Diego...lets plan on getting together FOR SURE!!! I will let you know when I have the exact dates.

    ReplyDelete