At the midnight showing of Wolverine

At the midnight showing of Wolverine
Austin has his serious hero face on

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life + Vegas + Hermit Crabs = Chickenpox

I'm in Vegas this weekend with Austin's side of the family. He isn't here, but I wasn't going to miss getting together with everyone so I hitched a ride with my brother-in-law and his wife and daughter.
Needless to say I've heard many more fun Austin stories this weekend. Austin's sister mentioned that, somehow, Austin's mother had turned him into a hermit crab. Here are a few Austin quotes that support the idea that Austin is a hermit crab:

Exhibit A
N: Austin it's important to make new friends.
A: Why?
N: Well don't you want friends?
A: I have enough friends I don't need anymore.
N: Oh alright.

Exhibit B
(this is a discussion we had before some "new" friends came to dinner)
N: Austin please talk and ask them questions and stuff.
A: But I just hate small talk, it drives me crazy.
N: Every relationship starts with small talk, we wouldn't be married without small talk
A: See! Exactly I don't need to do it anymore.
N: Here, grate this cheese please.

Another thing that was discussed was that Austin had TERRIBLE chickenpox when he was three. His mother said that on his shoulders you couldn't eve stick a pin between the pox there were so many of them! Austin is always giving me a hard time because the following diseases and difficulties run in my family: heart disease, cancer, depression, anxiety, high cholesterol, allergies, acid reflux, crooked teeth, and eczema. He feels I should have disclosed all of this before he married me :) BUT NOW!!!! OH HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!!! When our children have the chickenpox so badly they want to die I will say "DADDY!!! DADDY DID THIS TO YOU!!!" "It's all his fault, go cry and moan and look miserable to daddy!!!"
Yes payback will be sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment