At the midnight showing of Wolverine

At the midnight showing of Wolverine
Austin has his serious hero face on

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life + Colonel Brandon + The Choir = Watches

Last week I discovered that Austin had five watches stuffed in a drawer. All of them were out of batteries and some hadn't been worn for years. One of them is a beloved Mormon Tabernacle Choir watch...not joking, my husband owns a watch with "The Choir" on it. Luckily my dad works for OC Tanner and was able to take the watches in and get them ALL new batteries. Needless to say I won the BEST WIFE EVER award with the return of the beloved MoTab watch. He is wearing it today.
Also this last week I was watching the BBCs most recent version of Sense and Sensibility (which is long, but excellent for all you chickflick lovers out there). When he proposed to me, Austin quoted Shakespeare's 116th sonnet (the one Willoughby recites for Marianne). It was flawless, picture perfect! However as I was watching that movie I realized that Austin is nothing like Willoughby....he's more like my Colonel Brandon....yep Austin is the Brandon to my Marianne. He's an old spirit in 26 year olds body, and more often serious than silly or spirited. He leaves the young silly stuff to me, and that's what makes him perfect for me. So next time you're watching Sense and Sensibility you can smile and nod and think to yourself:
"So that's how they ever ended up together." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment