At the midnight showing of Wolverine

At the midnight showing of Wolverine
Austin has his serious hero face on

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Life + the Flu + Lunch = Love

Austin never gets sick.  Even when he's sick he "isn't sick".  If he has a runny nose or the beginning of a sore throat he just tells me, "I'll will it out of me."  He drowns the germs in water and magical lozenges...and never gets sick :)
This week Austin got the flu.  He stayed home from work for 2 days!  This was an unprecedented experience for Austin, who doesn't get sick.  Calvin and I quarantined him to the bedroom and forced him to carry around a canister of disinfectant wipes for the door knobs, light switches, tv remotes and faucets.  Is it wrong that I LOVED having him home, even if he was dying?

Saturday Austin was feeling better so we went on an afternoon date, it was a very successful date with a stop at the book store (I could live there), and a trip to Walmart that resulted in 5 new action figures causing hopes and dreams to come true.  We stopped for a quick lunch on the way home.  As we were sitting in the crowded restaurant eating our food I looked across the table at my husband and was filled with love for him.  Was it the amazing tacos causing my emotional side to come out, or the fact that Austin was eating his regular pork burrito that he gets EVERY time without fail?  It could have been the Orange Fanta or the way he was still beaming over his newly found treasures.  Whatever it was...I had to stop, catch my breath and wonder how I ended up with this exceptional man.  

When we got married I knew he was wonderful; I loved him so much and appreciated the way his life complimented mine.  However, as the years have passed and the hours spent together have collected the wisdom of my choice becomes more and more evident.  I always new it was a great choice, but the fact that it grows in greatness as time passes is astounding to me.   It testifies to things that are eternal.  Love can grow infinitely because it is infinite.  I have similar feeling about my son.  Watching him put his fruit snacks in his mouth with his chubby fingers, or watching him dance to music, even witnessing a hilarious looking tantrum grows my love for him.  It is possible for our bond to deepen because we will be bonded forever.  I feel only gratitude.

Give your loveys extra hugs today and enjoy your Sunday everyone!  


3 comments:

  1. I'm very glad that you and Austin found each other. You are doing and will continue to do amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love you! Maybe I should see you sometime...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please see me anytime :) Also, we were in Flagstaff with Austin's family and I had no idea you were Thanksgiving it solo!! You should have come over!! Ha ha ha, lets coordinate next time. Are you going to be around this summer?

    ReplyDelete